This is a very exciting day in the Pirate101 Spiral! Lots of news, lots of spoilers and lots of new content! The excitement actually started last week, with the release of puzzle pieces to the fan sites. The following day (Friday) the completed puzzles were released as Pirate101 background images. And finally, yesterday, MMORPG.com released a snippet of an article which you can read about here. Like I said, lots of excitement!
It all culminated today when MMORPG.com released this article and Massively released this one, both with lots more information and screenshots of the new worlds! This was shortly followed up with the announcement of the Pirate101 Test Realm Update Notes, which can be read in their entirety here: Test realm Update Notes.
Here are what I think are the highlights of the release:
- 2 new worlds, Marleybone and Aquila
- New level cap will be 65
- Many new talents and powers, starting at level 52
- New gear, equipment and ship parts
- Max gold raised to 200,000
- New companions and promotions for existing companions
- A Bazaar!!!
- New "Turret Bosses" in the skyways for multi-player ship fights
- Teleportalators to send you to worlds you have already been to (for a fee)
- Tons more! Be sure to check out the full update notes in the link above!!!