It's time for another post in my "10 Ways to Make Pirate101 More Challenging" series. I hope everyone is enjoying these posts so far, and that they are giving all you pirates ideas for some new ways to play the game! Let's get started!
The object of this challenge is to complete the game using companions only until they are defeated. See below for further explanation.
1. Start out playing the game as you normally would. As you gain companions, keep them available in your crew.
2. Once a companion is defeated in battle, either assign them to a task or place them in your house for the rest of the game. You may no longer use this companion.
3. If at any point during this challenge you run out of companions, you may either consider the challenge over and resume playing as normal or choose 5 companions to add back to your line up and continue the challenge.
4. You may continue leveling any companions that have been defeated and removed from play.
Tips and Tricks
1. Keep all your companions leveled up as much as possible. You never know when you might need to use one.
2. Maybe wait to recruit side quests companions until you absolutely have to, that way they are starting off at a higher level.
If you continue leveling and promoting companions that have been defeated, you may still use that companion in its promotion quest. Not for the main quests though.
1. Treat pets the same way as companions and if they are defeated in battle, unequip them for the rest of the game as well.
2. If all of your companions are defeated, continue questing by yourself as far as you can or until you recruit a new companion.
That's it for this challenge. This is another one I am thinking of trying out, mainly because I have the same few companions I rely on for most of my questing and I think it would be a fun challenge to be forced to try out new ones. Have you ever tried anything like this before? Comment below and let me know! Thanks for reading! :)